Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Great Scot!

Rock On!

When searching for an interesting Librarian web log to write about, I bumped into one which has a sentimental meaning for me, that is The National Library of Scotland.

Being part of a first generation of Scottish descent, I sheepishly admit to not knowing much about my own history other than what I learned from Mel Gibson's Braveheart

How sad. But now, thanks to finding the National Library of Scotland on the web, I can do as much research as I'd like on my family history; as well as learn about my brothers and sisters-in-arms in the library world in Scotland as well as the United Kingdom.

This library has fascinating collections from studies on the ancient people who roamed the Scottish highlands to a well kept collection of everything you need to now about Harry Potter (a creation of native Scotswoman J.K. Rowling). Of course, I didn't see collections on other famous Scots such as Sean Connery, Rod Stewart, Annie Lennox and Ewan McGregor; but I'm not holding my breath. I am hoping, however, that there will be one there one day for Eminem, although an American, claims Scottish descent.

The blog itself appears to be updated monthly, and it could use more daily and recent news - but hey, it's Scotland, not exactly the most exciting place of events.
They do provide a fascinating digital library with history and maps, as well as numerous online resources, which not only provide online reading but other Scottish related links.

If you're in a pinch for British research, check out the National Scottish Library Web Log online. Perhaps when I'm done with this class, I will submit the online research portion on Eminem for them. Let's not forget this Son of Scotland!

1 Comments:

Blogger Askinstoo said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home